Recently I got a request—could I create a drink for the Las Vegas For the Love of Cocktails Breast Cancer fundraiser? Um, yes! How about a Blood Orange Vodka Spritzer? Rosy and sweet, it seemed perfect for a cause associated with pink!
The Las Vegas event is happening next month with a May 19 Gala. If you happen to be heading to Vegas (or live near there), you might give it a whirl. (And check out Las Vegas travel deals or the pictures from my Vegas trip last year for more ideas on things to do! )
Now my Blood Orange Vodka Spritzer isn’t technically brand new, but I was holding it in reserve for a special occasion. My daughter and I created it during our Christmas season “Martini Lab” (that resulted in a White Peppermint Bark Martini)
Did you know that tart cherry juice is considered a superfood? Full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, I keep it around in concentrate form and mix it into hot and cold beverages every chance I get.
- 2 ounces vodka (for a non-alcoholic version, substitute club soda)
- 1 Tablespoon tart cherry concentrate (or ¼ cup cherry juice)
- 1/2 cup blood orange soda (or a blend of orange juice and club soda)
- club soda (optional)
- Combine vodka, cherry concentrate (or cherry juice) and ice in a shaker. Shake to chill and pour into serving glass. Top with blood orange soda or juice and club soda.
- For kids, omit the vodka and use extra club soda.