Grilled Peaches and Pound Cake, topped with vanilla ice cream, is simple perfection at it’s best. Just add whipped cream.
Sometimes the simplest celebrations… are the best. A couple weeks ago, we were getting ready to say our goodbyes as my daughter headed back to school. 1500 miles away. (Sob.)
With the most frantic shopping and packing behind us, my sister-in-law suggested we drop over to her downtown condo for a few quiet moments. Perfect!
Already past dinner, we sidled up to her candlelit granite island for wine and cocktails. The conversation mellowed as the glowing lights of the city brightened behind us. How about a little dessert?
She grilled peaches and pound cake on her patio. Topped with ice cream and whipped cream, it was perfection.
And we knew there would just be more good times ahead, as summer turned into fall.
Yes, sometimes the simplest moments… are the best.
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 4 slices of pound cake
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, with the stone discarded
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, divided into 4 scoops
- whipped cream (optional)
- Melt butter and mix with the honey
- Brush on both sides of the pound cake and on the cut sides of the peaches.
- Grill the peaches and pound cake slices until warm and tender
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with whipped cream (optional)
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Angel Food Cake and a Giveaway
- Hearty Stovetop Beef Stew (Bourguignon)