Low-Carb Salmon BLAT Lettuce Wrap
With crunchy bacon, creamy avocado and tasty salmon, the Salmon BLAT Lettuce Wrap turns a classic sandwich into a low-carb dream meal.
This recipe had its origins in my very favorite BLT. Not your classic bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich, but a BLT all spiffed up with added salmon and avocado.
I’d been eating the sandwich at a local restaurant for ages. With a balcony overlooking the river and craft beer too, it’s a favorite stop.
But then I decided to go keto. Yup, keto throws a monkey wrench into any sandwich. Add in restaurant closures from Covid-19, and it’s all over.
So when my Sunday blogging group decided to feature BLT’s, I wondered how I’d manage.
I decided the answer was turning it into a lettuce wrap. Yum!
Now I admit that the idea of doing a lettuce wrap was a little intimidating. I remember some pretty awkward lettuce wraps in my past. But when I look online, most of the lettuce warps were simply folded over like a taco. No fancy burrito wrap at all. I can do that, I thought.
When I finished, well, it wasn’t super cute, but it was absolutely delicious. In fact even when I stop keto, I think this is going to be my go-to version.
Bring on swim-suit season!
Salmon BLAT Lettuce Wrap
- 12 ounces salmon filet 3 ounces per lettuce leaf "sandwich/wrap"
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4 large lettuce leaves I used Romaine
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon drained
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat. Salt and pepper salmon, then sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. If the salmon has skin, discard it.
- Lay out the first lettuce leaf and drizzle the front half with ½ Tablespoon mayonnaise. Top the mayonnaise with 1-2 tomato slices, 1 slice of bacon broken in half, a couple avocado slices and ¼ of the cooked salmon (about 3 ounces).
- Fold the back half of the lettuce forward to make a “top” for your wrap. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Repeat with the other 3 lettuce leaves and remaining ingredients.
Beyond Basic BLT Sandwiches
- Breakfast BLT Sandwich by Making Miracles
- Everything Bagel BLT Sandwich by Cookaholic Wife
- Fried Green Tomato BLT by Palatable Pastime
- Grown Up BLT by That Recipe
- Lobster Roll BLT by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ranch BLT Chaffle Sandwich by Big Bear’s Wife
- Salmon BLAT Lettuce Wrap by Art of Natural Living
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
- Easy Sesame Crusted Tuna
- Pecan Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing
Sharing this one for Dad! He’s no carb and LOVES salmon!
Going to make this! Looks absolutely delicious and I wouldn’t miss the carb!Love the idea of having it with a drinky drinky too ♡
I was kind of shocked at the calories in this, even without the bread. So that’s some real incentive to keep doing it this way!
Wow – love the idea of adding salmon and avocado to a BLT, with or without the bread. Salmon is my favorite fish, for sure, and with bacon? A dream!
My first thought when I saw the salmon and avocado was “my mother would love this!”. And now I really want to have one for her.
I have some salmon in the freezer and this sandwich is calling my name! YUMM