You gotta love it when a single recipe meets three different requirements. Quick and easy. Liked by picky kids. Finishes food on hand. Check, check, check again.
My kids, never known for their tolerance of “ordinary” food, have been getting seriously tired of me cleaning out last winter’s pork via grilled pork chops or chops with sauerkraut. So this week when I canned homemade Peach Mustard, I decided to try something new — Peach Mustard Glazed Pork Chops.
Right now, the quick and easy part is especially important since summer has presented some additional cooking challenges. With two normally absent kids converging “home” for summer jobs, you’d think it would be an awesome time for family dinners. A dinner renaissance!
But in the end, with widely varying work schedules, school sports and other activities, it has meant too many days playing short order cook, too many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and lots of reheated leftovers. And I thought it was hard when I worked full time!
Simple meals are always a godsend. And with dishes like this, there’s no compromise on local, healthy or seasonal (she says getting ready to reorder the organic pastured pork).
No peach mustard in your pantry? Well, I figured that might happen (though, really, please consider it), so I’ve included a substitution. Or feel free to get creative with your own leftovers (cranberry mustard glazed chicken anyone?). I was glad I did.
- 4 4 oz Boneless Pork Chops, or 4 bone in pork chops
- 1/3 cup peach mustard, or make your own by blending 1/4 cup peach jam with 2 tablespoons mustard
- Non-stick cooking spray, unless grilling
- Salt and pepper pork chops on both sides
- Place chops on grill or in frying pan sprayed with non-stick spray, and spread the top of each with about 1/2 tablespoon peach mustard. Cook on medium high until lightly brown on one side.
- Turn over pork chops, then divide remaining peach jam on unglazed tops.
- Continue cooking until pork reaches 145 degrees (or more, to taste).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 71g
Nutrition data accuracy may vary with product selection, calculator accuracy, etc. Consult a professional for the best information.
- Homemade Peach Mustard
- Natural Beauty Giveaway