Today I’m going to shake things up a bit—it’s time for Lemon Garlic Salmon! Doesn’t that sound fresh and new?
Okay, I must admit–this recipe is based (almost entirely) on the Chicken Piccata I’ve been making for years. Only made with salmon. Dressed up with a new name and a dash of wine. For luck.
You see, modifying recipes has a history in my house. A few years back, I made spaghetti with garbanzo bean sauce. It was delicious but my kids declared, “that’s not spaghetti.”
Then they made three sets of faces, tasted, and scowled again.
Moving forward a couple months, I re-tried the dish, but this time, called it “Garbetti.” Now three kids laughed at the funny name, and promptly dug in. Success!
I guess people with branding expertise would not be surprised. So, since Salmon Piccata sounds like something your grandmother would make, today we are having Lemon Garlic Salmon.
With a mellow garlic flavor, rich sauce and lemon-y brightness–not to mention healthy omega-3, Lemon Garlic Salmon is a winner. Whatever you call it.
And everything old is new again.
- 4 6-ounce pieces of salmon
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge salmon in flour until evenly coated; reserve any excess flour.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and heat until hot, but not smoking. Sauté salmon until golden brown on both sides and thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant, but not brown. Stir in reserved flour, then add chicken broth, wine and juice from half of the lemon. Bring to a boil, scraping the bottom to remove any browned bits and cook until slightly thickened. Slice the remaining half lemon into at least 4 slices, then stir in lemon sections and capers, cooking until just warm.
- Spoon sauce over fish, top with a lemon slice and serve.
- Golden Sunny Side Up Fried Egg
- Natural Bug Repellent Review and Giveaway