A crunchy salad that’s a versatile side dish, Asian-Inspired Broccoli Slaw is highlighted by flavors like toasted sesame oil and teriyaki.
I’ve been making Asian-Inspired Broccoli Slaw for, well… almost forever. It is based a recipe from a registered dietitian co-worker of my sister. Not surprisingly, dietitians are a good source of healthy practical recipes!
In my corporate years, this recipe was a godsend, as I tried to feed my kids healthy natural food, while working (more than) full time. Yes, this healthy side is loved by both kids and adults AND it comes together quickly!
But even now, with more time devoted to cooking, it is still a favorite. While Asian-Inspired Broccoli Slaw relies more on packaged products that many foods I make, it is so worth it.
How to Make Asian-Inspired Broccoli Slaw
Asian-Inspired Broccoli Slaw Tips and Serving Suggestions.
Broccoli Slaw is a great side for so many recipes! It is perfect with any type of sandwich or burger and always a favorite potluck contribution. While I probably wouldn’t serve it with most formal dinner entrees (can’t see it as a side for roast duck), it shines with almost any type of fish, as well as more casual dinner entrees like roast chicken.
Currently I am using just a half package of the ramen seasoning since the salt content is pretty high. Put I admit that’s pretty putzy so I’ll leave the final decision up to you.
My only regret about the recipe is that I’ve never figured out how to julienne broccoli myself. I’ve tried my mandoline (even peeled broccoli was too tough), my food processor doesn’t julienne, and by hand is too time-consuming. Every time I compost a big local broccoli stem, it feels like missed opportunity. If you have the answer, let me know!
Otherwise buy it prepped and enjoy!
- 12 oz pkg broccoli slaw
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (or 2 Tablespoons chopped onion)
- 1/2 c sunflower seeds, or slivered almonds or your favorite
- 1 pkg ramen noodles (soy flavor if available), seasoning packet reserved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Ramen noodle seasoning package
Remove seasoning packet from noodles, leaving noodle packaging intact. Smash noodles and retain seasoning for the dressing.
Combine salad ingredients in large bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to emulsify.
Stir dressing into salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 985mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data accuracy may vary with product selection, calculator accuracy, etc. Consult a professional for the best information.
- Asian Chicken Slaw Salad by Making Miracles
- Asian Inspired Broccoli Slaw by Art of Natural Living
- Potsticker Sloppy Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pan-Fried Cabbage and Noodle Buns by Magical Ingredients
- Pork and Shrimp Pad Thai by That Recipe
- Pork Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Szechuan Green Beans and Ground Pork by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup
- Russian Tea with Natural Options!