Rev up taste and nutrition with this Jammy Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I used sugar free cranberry jam, but you can use anything. Bacon optional.
It’s a bit ordinary for an Easter post. But since most people have a menu planned already, I figured what the heck. We’re all gonna want to eat easy food next week anyway, right?
Of course there is another way to look at it. If you think of the appetizer of jam-topped brie wheels wrapped in puff pastry, maybe this isn’t so ordinary after all.
Like so many other people now, I am working to use up things I have at home. And I discovered a pint of cranberries in my fruit drawer. I often keep some long after Christmas, since cranberries make a pretty garnish any time.
But I am running low on fruit. And I so hate doing that grocery washing thing. So those cranberries are goners.
I have seriously lightened up on my keto, since I’m trying to space out grocery runs as far as possible (helped by a big freezer and some really good local takeout). But I still almost completely avoid sugar.
The found cranberries also offered me the opportunity to use a sugar substitute rather than one of the sugary jams in my cupboard (based on this recipe). But really, any flavorful jam will work.
Here’s to making lemonade (or Jammy Brie Grilled Cheese) with whatever your panty offers! Happy Easter!
Jammy Brie Grilled Cheese
- 2 ounces Brie cheese thinly sliced, or spread if soft enough
- 2 Tablespoons jam
- 2 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Top one slice of bread with sliced brie, or spread the brie if it's soft enough.
- Top the other slice with jam. Put slices together into a sandwich.
- Spread 1 teaspoon butter on each outer side of the sandwich.
- Grill on medium heat until golden on first side. Flip and grill until golden on the other side. Cheese should be soft or melted.
- Cut in half and serve.
ALL THE GRILLED CHEESE!
- Blueberry Ricotta Grilled Cheese by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Breakfast Pancake Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Broccoli Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Bacon by Sweet Beginnings
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs by Blogghetti
- Grilled Blue Cheese and Onion Sandwich by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Italian Sub-Style Panini by That Recipe
- Jammy Brie Grilled Cheese by Art of Natural Living
- Mushroom Pizza Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- The Cuban Sandwich (Cubano) by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Making Miracles
- Pecan Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing
- Peanut Garlic Tabbouleh