Peanut Garlic Tabbouleh
Peanut Garlic Tabbouleh blends some heat from jalapeno & garlic with yummy peanuts & traditional parsley. Serve as an appetizer or a diner side. Gluten-free.
When I tried this dish at a holiday food day celebration in my very first job, it had the name Peanut Garlic Salsa. Fresh and tasty, I immediately asked for the recipe.
Alas, even though I’d seriously enjoyed it, it somehow took me years to try it at home. How does that happen?
Perhaps it was a premonition because, the first time I made it, my family rejected it hands down. Puzzled, I remembered a time when I’d made another ill-fated food, spaghetti with chickpea sauce.
When I served that up to my kids, they were outraged. This isn’t spaghetti they protested and refused to eat it. But I tried again later renaming it “Garbetti” and then they thought it was great!
So, given the scant resemblance that this has to traditional tomato-based salsa, I decided to give it a second chance. With the abundance of fresh parsley (or cilantro), Peanut Garlic Tabbouleh seemed a perfect name.
Peanut Garlic Tabbouleh is loaded with flavor and has a couple advantages over a more traditional tabbouleh. With peanuts replacing couscous, it is higher in protein and gluten free and better suited to a number of special diets. Low-carb anyone?
What’s is a name? When it comes to food, perhaps more than Juliet knew…
Peanut Garlic Tabbouleh
- 3 garlic cloves
- 0-2 jalapeno peppers depending on heat & preference
- 1 c peanuts
- 1 ½ c parsley or cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor or using a chef’s knife, mince the garlic, pepper(s), peanuts and parsley. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lime juice and salt.
Garlic Lover Recipes
- 30 Minute Garlic Parmesan Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Drunken Garlic Crock Pot Roast by Palatable Pastime
- Garlic and Cheese Country Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Garlic Bread Carbonara by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Garlic Mushrooms by Making Miracles
- Garlic Parmesan Crispy Baked Chicken by Sweet Beginnings
- Grain Free Garlic Naan by Frugal & Fit
- Peanut Garlic Tabouleh by Art of Natural Living
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Garlic Chicken by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
- Jammy Brie Grilled Cheese, Bacon Optional
- Pasta with Vodka Caviar Sauce
I have never had tabbouleh. It looks and sounds delicious! Definitely something I will be adding to my must make list.
This sounds like a wonderful dip. Or maybe on top of some chicken or a pork chop. Yummy! So many possibilities.
This looks really delicious ! We love garlic!
This is sooooo original! Pinning to try later for absolute sure!
WHat a fun idea to use peanuts in this recipe! Totally making this for my husband!
What a lovely fresh side or dip! I so want to try this!
Oh, how I wish I could even try this! I bet with some tinkering I could find things to replace the garlic… I love peanut-based dishes!
I’d love too see what you come up with David!