This recipe had its origins in my very favorite BLT. Not your classic bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich, but a BLT all spiffed up with added salmon and avocado.
I’d been eating the sandwich at a local restaurant for ages. With a balcony overlooking the river and craft beer too, it’s a favorite stop.
So when my Sunday blogging group decided to feature BLT’s, I wondered how I’d manage.
I decided the answer was turning it into a lettuce wrap. Yum!
Now I admit that the idea of doing a lettuce wrap was a little intimidating. I remember some pretty awkward lettuce wraps in my past. But when I look online, most of the lettuce warps were simply folded over like a taco. No fancy burrito wrap at all. I can do that, I thought.
When I finished, well, it wasn’t super cute, but it was absolutely delicious. In fact even when I stop keto, I think this is going to be my go-to version.
Bring on swim-suit season!
Salmon BLAT Lettuce Wrap
- 12 ounces salmon filet 3 ounces per lettuce leaf "sandwich/wrap"
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4 large lettuce leaves I used Romaine
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon drained
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat. Salt and pepper salmon, then sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. If the salmon has skin, discard it.
- Lay out the first lettuce leaf and drizzle the front half with ½ Tablespoon mayonnaise. Top the mayonnaise with 1-2 tomato slices, 1 slice of bacon broken in half, a couple avocado slices and ¼ of the cooked salmon (about 3 ounces).
- Fold the back half of the lettuce forward to make a “top” for your wrap. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Repeat with the other 3 lettuce leaves and remaining ingredients.
Beyond Basic BLT Sandwiches
- Breakfast BLT Sandwich by Making Miracles
- Everything Bagel BLT Sandwich by Cookaholic Wife
- Fried Green Tomato BLT by Palatable Pastime
- Grown Up BLT by That Recipe
- Lobster Roll BLT by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ranch BLT Chaffle Sandwich by Big Bear’s Wife
- Salmon BLAT Lettuce Wrap by Art of Natural Living
- Easy Sesame Crusted Tuna
- Pecan Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing