Sometimes you gotta have ice cream. Even on a special diet.
So when my Sunday blogging group decided to do no churn ice cream, I knew what I had to do.
I had previously made a mint no churn ice cream that was delicious. This meant that if I could make a keto sweetened condensed milk, I should be home free. I headed on over to All Day I Dream About Food as a start for the sweetened condensed milk, then continued on with a smaller version of my original.
My keto ice cream was super-comparable to the commercial keto I’d tried. That is, it was tasty and satisfying but different, almost chewy, in texture. Yes, comparable right down to the need to take it out 10-15 minutes early, to soften. The biggest difference was the number of calories, which was more in my version.
Sugar Free Keto Ice Cream
Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup allulose sweetener
- 1/4 cup Monkfruit Erythritol sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 Tablespoons butter
Additional Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coffee or ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ - ½ cup mini chocolate chips optional, see note
- Prepare sweetened condensed milk. Bring cream to a low boil, then simmer until thickened and reduced by about half. Mix the xanthan gum with the sweeteners, then stir mixture and butter into the thickened cream. Let cool.
- Whip cream until thick, then add extracts and whip to combine. Fold in sweetened condensed milk until well combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips if using.
- Freeze in small, shallow container until solid. Once fully hardened, remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to allow to soften.
No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- Cookies and Lemon No Churn Ice Cream by Making Miracles
- No Churn Fresh Peach Frozen Yogurt by That Recipe
- No Churn Keto Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- No Churn Roasted Peach and Goat Cheese Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel ice Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Duck with Wine & Cherries
- Quick Pickled Scallions