I love the days between Christmas and New Years. The frenzy of shopping and baking are over, while the warmth and ambiance remain. I pull out all the carols I have neglected, and catch up on any Christmas movies that were skipped in the busy days before.
I leisurely research recipes to use up leftovers (10 best uses for extra ham anyone?) and buy up half priced eggnog for drinking straight or perhaps some more decadent sipping. I listen to snowmobiles flying by in the distance and wonder which animals made paths through our yard.
At last… the peace the season has promised!
Would you join me in a Blizzard White Chocolate Martini to celebrate …
- • 4 ounces of Vanilla vodka
- • 1 ounce of clear Creme de Cacao
- • 3 ounce of Godiva White Chocolate liqueur
- • 1 teaspoon of coconut flakes
- • 2 freezing martini glasses
- Add everything but the coconut flakes to a shaker half full of ice.
- Shake vigorously for a minute.
- Strain the martini into two freezing martini glasses.
- Top each glass with half of the coconut flakes.
- I based this recipe on one I found on the internet many years ago, but the site has since disappeared.