Can you believe it’s November and I haven’t posted a pumpkin recipe? I mean, what says “fall” more than pumpkin?
So today I’m doing a Spiced Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip that I actually made much earlier–for book club in early October. In our regular meetings the host usually does the cooking, but we had a member who’d had surgery and was challenged to get out. So rather than let her miss the meeting, we moved it to her house and brought everything along (kudos to the thoughtful person who came up with this idea–don’t you love people like that?)
I happened to have found some gluten free ginger snaps, that I was interested in “fancying up”, so I revived a recipe I’d created last year for Pumpkin Cream Cheese. I had been using it on bagels, but always wanted to try it with gingersnaps, or apple slices, or French toast, or…
Pumpkin Cream Cheese is super easy to make. Just throw everything in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Hmmm, I wonder how hard pumpkin bagels would be…
Spiced Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 oz pkg lite or whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c canned pumpkin
- 1/4 c maple syrup, honey or sugar (I used maple syrup)
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t ginger
- 1/4 t allspice
- Combine all ingredients, then beat with a mixer until fluffy.
- Serve with apples, ginger snaps, bagels or dipper of your choice.
- (Chocolate Glazed) Mini Chocolate Almond Cakes
- Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins (Two Ways)