Fragrant & sophisticated but with an air of warmth and wholesomeness, Chai Tea Cookies are perfect for a cookie exchange, hostess gift or just for snacking.
Are you ready for the holidays? I’m not, but I just got some help from Krusteaz (maker of premium baking mixes and sponsor of this post) who just sent me some fun cookie mixes!
Now an event I like to participate in for the holidays is a cookie swap! How do you beat combing friends, food and cookies!
But what happens if time gets away from you? After all, Christmas is IN ONE WEEK! And so, I started thinking… With these mixes and a little creativity, I might get all the variety of a cookie swap. In under an hour!
You see, I wanted to bring cookies to the last day of my class (tomorrow!). We got really close this semester and I thought it would be fun to bring a cookie bag for everyone.
And I came up with a way to do three cookies in less than an hour!
First I used the vanilla cookie mix to make two cookies: vanilla cookies coated in vanilla sugar PLUS cranberry nut cookies. I just made it up the mix per the instructions and divided it in half. Then I added nuts and dried cranberries (1/4 cup each) to one half and rolled the remaining cookies in vanilla sugar. Easy Peasy!
But the final cookie was my favorite (recipe below). I took the Snickerdoodle mix and added Chai spices. These cookies are fragrant and sophisticated but with an air of warmth and wholesomeness! Some of these will go in the bags and some will be saved for tea or coffee with friends over my (leisurely–yes!) winter break.
Looking for some suggestions on what to make for a cookie swap—or just for fun? Then check out this Holiday Cookie Helper, a fun quiz Krusteaz created to help you find the perfect recipe. My results said (more or less) that I should do something unique and interesting. Guess it has me pegged!
Chai Tea Cookies
- 1 box Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Pour packaged cookie mix into a mixing bowl (reserve cinnamon sugar packet), then add the Chai Spices. Mix to combine.
- If butter is hard from the refrigerator, warm no more than 15 seconds in the microwave. You want it pliable but not too soft. Combine egg, butter and the mix/spice blend and mix until well combined. You will probably need to mix with your hands.
- Pour the reserved cinnamon sugar mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and form into a ball. Roll the ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on lightly greased baking sheet
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes at 350 F until edges are slightly golden. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- 100% Natural Cranberry Nut Granola
- Honey Sweetened Homemade Cranberry Juice