Lately life has been wild. Do you have days (okay, maybe months) like that?
Partly it’s my own fault—I just took a 10-day vacation to the Southwest to celebrate my daughter’s college graduation. I was still in school myself which means I took a final exam and did homework from my hotel room. First world problems, I know! But check out my Instagram if you want to see the pictures!
After all that, I have been super focused on cooking efficiently. Still healthy of course!
This Thai Noodle and Vegetable Salad is based on a hot dish I made called Chicken and Veggies in Spicy Peanut Sauce. It seemed like something that might adapt well to eating cold and making ahead. I even found a brown rice noodle for a healthier take on the pasta!
My other great find for this was bagged vegetables that had some julienned and some left in bite-sized chunks. Like a cross between slaw mix and small florets. And perfect for a lazy mom’s salad!
That meant making this was basically mix up dressing, cook noodles for 2 minutes, chill and combine. Healthy. Easy. Make ahead.
Maybe I’m ready for summer after all!
- • 2 Tablespoons honey
- • 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, softened in microwave
- • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- • 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, or to taste
- • 1/4 cup warm water
- • 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- • 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, or to taste
- • 1/4 red onion chopped, or a half bunch of scallions chopped
- • 4-5 cups of mixed chopped vegetables, such as carrots, cabbage, broccoli or your choice
- • 4 ounces thin rice noodle, ideally brown rice noodles
- • Chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, then cool in ice water to stop the cooking
- Chop onion. Combine onion, chopped vegetable mix and dressing and toss until combined.
- Garnish with cilantro and/or chopped peanuts if desired.
- Mussels in Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Stressed Out Rhubarb / Rhubarb Growing Tips