Creamy Artichoke Chicken Breasts
Quick, creamy and delicious, this One Dish Creamy Artichoke Chicken Breasts recipe even gives you some vegetables in your entrée!
Since the pandemic started, I haven’t made a lot of chicken. My CSAs have stopped raising them and, well, my freezers are pretty full anyhow.
But recently I’ve started to miss it–and I’m hesitant to buy it at the store. My first choice for the meat or poultry we eat, is to know the farmer that raised it. That way I’m confident the animal lived a good life and I am getting a healthy food. Alas, I don’t know any chicken farmers anymore.
So when my Sunday blogging group decided to do chicken recipes I wasn’t sure what to do. Ultimately I settled on some “Amish” chicken at the grocers.
I had lost the original recipe I was planning (why does my life seem to work that way lately) and ended up with this Creamy Artichoke Chicken Breasts recipe from the Foodtasia blog. Happily it was creamy and delicious and actually prettier than the lost dish. And did I mention cooks in one pan!
The artichokes and red pepper in here were a perfect compliment to the creamy, meaty dish! Don’t you love when you get some vegetables in an entrée? Just add a salad and some pasta and you have a complete meal!
When I made the recipe, I was tempted to reduce the sauce. 1 ½ cups of added liquid seemed like a lot! I’m glad I didn’t because it was delicious and perfect over fettuccini. And whenever I go back to keto, I’ll just use cauliflower rice to lap up the extra sauce!
I’d almost forgotten how good chicken is for healthy, easy recipes!
Guess I need to go out and find myself a new chicken farmer!
Creamy Artichoke Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 smaller chicken breasts see note
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup half and half or cream
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12- ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over high heat. When oil is hot, reduce heat and add chicken breasts to pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides and temperature reaches 165F throughout. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan. Add onions and red pepper and cook until softened. Add the garlic. Stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with broth, scraping bottom to release browned bits. Add cream and bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Lower the heat to low.
- Slowly add parmesan while whisking until melted and incorporated into sauce.
- Drain artichokes. Add artichokes and reserved chicken to the sauce. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Consider serving with fettuccini or cauliflower rice for low-carb.
Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Fajitas by That Recipe
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken by Making Miracles
- Creamy Artichoke Chicken Breast by Art of Natural Living
- One Skillet Chicken and Noodles. by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Oven Fried Chicken Thighs by Cheese Curd In PAradise
- Panko-Crusted Chicken with White Wine & Thyme Cream Sauce by Sweet Beginnings
- Pesto Crusted Oven Fried Chicken by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Sourdough Croutons and Bacon by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy by Blogghetti
- Tandoori Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice by The Freshman Cook
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
- Apple Cranberry Coleslaw
- Green Appletini Martini
We love artichokes, and the chicken looks delicious. The sauce looks so creamy and yummy.
What’s not to love about this recipe! Easy, too.
This looks so delicious! I love the chicken with the artichokes, and the noodles…so perfect!
Pasta, rice or crusty bread this would be so good!
I really like artichokes and chicken together and served over noodles this sounds like a winner to me!