This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I love mini-desserts! With servings that are (more or less) bite-sized, you can eat more variety! Plus, they are totally cute!
And with spring celebrations coming up, these Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes are perfect for holiday brunches like Easter or Mother’s Day. Or garden parties or a light dessert anytime. Yes, we all hope entertaining will return as more Covid vaccinations roll out!
But did you know that, even with a small gathering, you can still splurge on desserts? Last Thanksgiving, I wanted all the pie even with my family broken into separate gatherings. In the end, I made a half dozen pies, cut them into slices and left variety boxes at my brother and sister’s houses! Hmm, I may do this with mini-desserts at Easter!
These Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes are based on my Mocha Mini Cheesecakes and are especially nice because you can easily make them gluten free. I just used Nairn’s gluten free graham crackers (lower sugar too!) which deliver all of the flavor of regular. And with so many people having dietary restrictions today, I may just keep these around the house!
How To Make Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
Despite their elegant appearance these Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes are easy to make.
You start by crushing your graham crackers, then mixing with the other crust ingredients. Spray cheesecake pan wells with non-stick spray, place a spoonful of crust mixture in each and press in tightly. Bake.
Mix the filling ingredients.
Chop, then melt white chocolate and stir this in.
Fill the pan wells almost to the top.
Bake. Cheesecakes will rise, then fall.
Cool completely in refrigerator, then remove from pan
Top with lemon curd & whipped cream
Serve and enjoy!
Notes and Tips
AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE AND MEMBER OF OTHER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS, I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU–SO THANKS!
The white chocolate flavor in these is subtle so if you are serving white chocolate avoiders, they will probably still like this. But in addition to adding a little creamy nuance to the flavor, the white chocolate adds a little structure to help the mini-cheesecakes stand up well on their own.
I use a special mini-cheesecake pan with removable push-up bottoms (affiliate link), which I think makes for a lovely presentation. But if you don’t want to indulge (or want to see how much you’d use it first), a mini-muffin pan with liners should work as well (mini muffin pan may make more than 12.)
When you are making the filling, It is important not to whip too much air in to avoid a sunken well in the finished cheesecakes (because they over-puff, then fall). So don’t use the whisk attachment on your mixture or blend too long.
Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces white chocolate finely chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon Juice & zest
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon curd or a bit more, prepared or homemade
- 3 Tablespoons Whipped cream or a bit more
- 3 thin lemon slices cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray the inside of each cheesecake well with non-stick cooking spray. (Or line a mini-muffin pan with paper liners.)
- To prepare the crust, melt the butter, then crush the graham crackers in food processor or plastic bag. Combine graham crumbs with melted butter and mix well. Add about 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture into each of the 12 mini cheesecake wells. Pack down the crumbs using a shot glass or similar item. Bake crust for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250 F and begin making the filling. Using an electric mixer with beater, not whisk blade, blend cream cheese until very smooth. Add sugar and continue to blend until fully incorporated. Add egg and vanilla, and continue to beat on low, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Melt finely chopped white chocolate in microwave in 10 second bursts, stirring in between. Blend into cheese mixture by hand. Fold in lemon juice and zest by hand.
- Fill each well of the cheesecake pan until almost full. Place cheesecake pan in the oven and bake cheesecakes until the filling is set, 22-25 minutes. Place the pan on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature, then place entire pan in the refrigerator about 4 hours before removing cheesecakes from the pan.
- Once cool, carefully remove the cheesecakes from the pan by pressing up on the removable bottom of each well. Keep the cheesecakes in the fridge until ready to serve, then top with a layer of lemon curd, a small dollop of whipped cream and a thinly sliced lemon wedge.
More #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime MIni Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook’s Pantry
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
- Irish Soda Bread with Raisins
- No Churn Lavender Ice Cream