This week it’s officially grilling season. Times two. As in, don’t even think about asking me to turn on the oven.
So I was excited to have this new recipe for Mushroom Beef Burgers. Besides being great for grilling, I am always happy to find a way to lighten up my foods.
Not that something this thick and decadent seems light.
And have you heard the recent buzz about mushrooms? According to the New York Times, “Eating mushrooms may reduce the risk for mild cognitive impairment, or M.C.I., a type of memory impairment that is often a precursor of Alzheimer’s disease.”
I actually wrote figure out how to eat more mushrooms on my “to do” list!
My husband, who is one of the world’s biggest mushroom lovers, was already in heaven.
Pretty good win for a “don’t wanna’ cook” day!
- • 8 ounces mushrooms
- • 1 pound lean ground beef
- • ¼ cup chopped onion
- • ¼ cup chopped parsley
- • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- • 1 egg
- • 1 clove garlic, minced
- • Salt, pepper to taste
- Place half of mushrooms in food processor and process until finely chopped. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
- Combine mushrooms and remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Shape into six patties, separating with wax paper
- Place on hot grill or frying pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping at least once, until center of patties reaches 165 F
- Serve hot, on a bun if you chose, with your favorite toppings.
Bodacious Burger Recipes
- Burgers with Bacon Bourbon Burger Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lentil Mushroom Burger by That Recipe
- Meatloaf Burgers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Beef Burger by Art of Natural Living
- Oklahoma Fried Onion Short Rib Burgers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pepperoni Pizza Burger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Rabbit Sausage Burger with Carrot Horseradish Aioli by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- The Ultimate Taco Burger by Our Good Life
- Lavender Collins
- Sweet Cherry Galette