This post is sponsored in conjunction with 2020 #ChristmasCookies Week (see the great prizes and recipes below!). I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of these recipes. All opinions are mine.
Pecan Fingers are a classic. Sweet, nutty and melt-in-the-mouth, they are a holiday classic, often made to share.
Although this year we’ll be missing a lot of sharing events, I knew I still wanted my cookies. So I decided to cut the recipe down. Small recipe, less weight gain! You didn’t think I’d cut back on variety, did you?
Now I’m almost ashamed to admit, but I had never made Pecan Fingers before. Their baking always fell to my mother who, even when her dementia started to get bad, turned them out without fail. Alas no more.
So this year, I was excited to receive some Millican Pecans for my holiday baking. With my mother in memory care, I was ready to take the reins!
You see I became kind of addicted to family owned Millican Pecans after a spring baking promotion and now they are a pantry staple. Pecans (halves, chopped, ground), pecan oil, pralines, cinnamon pecans and more—yum! And yum!
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cups pecans, grated or finely chopped ( I used ¾ cup pecan pieces. ¼ cup pecan meal)
- ¼ cup + sifted powdered sugar for coating
Cream butter. Mix in sugar, salt, vanilla and water. Add flour and pecans. Mix well. Chill if dough is soft.
Shape into twelve finger-like ovals. Place on ungreased cooky sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly (or they’ll break), then roll in powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Nutrition data accuracy may vary with product selection, calculator accuracy, etc. Consult a professional for the best information.
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Friday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Bonbon Cookies by That Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Espresso Icebox Cookies by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Chocolate-Dipped Orange Logs by Eat Move Make
- Christmas Magic Bars by Devour Dinner
- Christmas Monster Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies by Blogghetti
- Frosted Eggnog Cookie Bars by Family Around the Table
- Grinch Heart Thumbprint Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Holiday Everything Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Honey Walnut Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Kahlua Mudslide Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lavender Snickerdoodles by Palatable Pastime
- Linzer Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Little Monster Cookie Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Maple Sugar Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Making Miracles
- Mocha Sandies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Bark Surprise Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Pinwheel Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Poppy Seed Shortbread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sadie’s Double Pecan Butter Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Small Batch Pecan Fingers by Art of Natural Living
- Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Spiced Holiday Cutouts by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Toasted Pecan Snowball Cookie Recipe by Swirls of Flavor
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Molasses Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.
- Meringue Christmas Trees Two Ways
- Swedish Limpa Bread