Recently, just past the time of new year’s resolutions, I posted a nice Valentine’s dessert. And it was something that was just a smidge healthier.
So after one success, it seemed natural to keep going. This time with a low-cal cocktail!
I’m not giving up my diet for any holiday!
Now traditionally, the Gimlet is a mixture of sweetened lime juice and gin. Even then it’s not especially caloric. But I was aided on my mission by the recent discovery of delicious Torani sugar-free syrups (not a sponsored post). And strawberry seemed the perfect flavor for Valentine’s Day.
Another common variation on the gimlet is to use vodka instead of gin for a vodka gimlet. My 20-something eldest daughter is a gin-lover, but I’m vodka all the way! But given the simplicity of this Skinny Strawberry Gimlet, it’s easy to give everyone their first choice.
I made this when we were vacationing in Captiva, FL. With palm trees waving, and strawberries in season, it was perfect. But I can testify it’s also delicious when the snow flies!
- 2 ounces gin or vodka
- 1 ½ ounces sugar-free Torani strawberry syrup
- ½ ounce lemon or lime juice
- (Optional) lemon or lime slice, or strawberry for a garnish
- Place all the ingredients except the garnish in a cocktail shaker. Shake until well-chilled. Strain off ice, then pour drink, adding a fruit garnish if desired.
For more Skinny Cocktails check out the links below
- Moscow Mulette by Our Good Life
- Rosemary Lime Vodka Fizz by Daily Dish Recipes
- Skinny Blueberry Lemon Vodka Fizz by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Vodka Gimlet by Art of Natural Living
- Watermelon Martini by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Burrata with Cherries in Wine
- Winter Citrus Salad