Skinny Strawberry Gimlet
Sweet-tart and flavorful, this Skinny Strawberry Gimlet is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Or just for keeping your diet together.
Recently, just past the time of new year’s resolutions, I posted a nice Valentine’s dessert. And it was something that was just a smidge healthier.
So after one success, it seemed natural to keep going. This time with a low-cal cocktail!
I’m not giving up my diet for any holiday!
Now traditionally, the Gimlet is a mixture of sweetened lime juice and gin. Even then it’s not especially caloric. But I was aided on my mission by the recent discovery of delicious Torani sugar-free syrups (not a sponsored post). And strawberry seemed the perfect flavor for Valentine’s Day.
Another common variation on the gimlet is to use vodka instead of gin for a vodka gimlet. My 20-something eldest daughter is a gin-lover, but I’m vodka all the way! But given the simplicity of this Skinny Strawberry Gimlet, it’s easy to give everyone their first choice.
I made this when we were vacationing in Captiva, FL. With palm trees waving, and strawberries in season, it was perfect. But I can testify it’s also delicious when the snow flies!
Skinny Strawberry Gimlet
- 2 ounces gin or vodka
- 1 ½ ounces sugar-free Torani strawberry syrup
- ½ ounce lemon or lime juice
- Optional lemon or lime slice, or strawberry for a garnish
- Place all the ingredients except the garnish in a cocktail shaker. Shake until well-chilled. Strain off ice, then pour drink, adding a fruit garnish if desired.
For more Skinny Cocktails check out the links below
- Moscow Mulette by Our Good Life
- Rosemary Lime Vodka Fizz by Daily Dish Recipes
- Skinny Blueberry Lemon Vodka Fizz by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Vodka Gimlet by Art of Natural Living
- Watermelon Martini by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
- Burrata with Cherries in Wine
- Winter Citrus Salad
I have never had a gimlet but now is as good a time as any to have my first! Love this – and love your glasses!
I’ve never had a Gimlet. Love the red speckled glasses.
They were a Christmas purchase over a decade ago. I’ve gotten so much use out of them, I can’t believe I hesitated buying them.
I prefer vodka over gin as well, and I cannot wait to try this gimlet. My mother in law loved a good gimlet.
So many fun things to try this week Terri!
I always forget they make sugar free syrups….this sounds like a delicious cocktail!
Yes, the sugar free is great for a guilt-free Italian soda too!
I love a Gimlet! I make mine with gin, fresh lime juice, and a small spoonful of frozen limeade concentrate. Love your idea of adding strawberry, and I luuuuurve your martini glasses.
That’s pretty classic Karen!