White Seafood Pizza
Add a little elegance to your pizza night with this white seafood pizza. An easy, cheesy dinner, loaded with shrimp and scallops.
When I first decided to make white seafood pizza, I was thinking fancy. Make a creamy bechamel sauce for the base, then roast garlic for sophisticated flavor notes. Top with fresh thyme.
In the end I went easy.
Friday night is usually our fish fry night out. And by out, I mean outside.
But as the temperature drops, eating outside is becoming less appealing. Sadly, a tradition we built to deal with Covid has become problematic.
So this week, with especially cold weather, I would be doing the cooking. And fancy/hard was not an option.
Thankfully I had some of my pre-baked pizza crusts (a flatbread or boboli would work too) so that part was a snap.
Then, instead of cooking a sauce, I created a cream cheese base by just mixing a few ingredients in the mixer.
The shrimp and scallops just needed thawing.
I even used pre-grated mozzarella 🙂 !
The white seafood pizza was a wild success. And it reminded me that there’s more than one solution to any problem.
For More Pizza Fun
White Seafood Pizza
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 T dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ t garlic powder
- 1 t dried minced onion
- 1 12- inch precooked pizza crust
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 8 ounces shrimp peeled, and cut to bite size
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella 1 cup
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan
- Mix cream cheese in mixer until creamy. Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix until well blended.
Smooth white sauce on pre-cooked crust. Distribute scallops and shrimp pieces evenly then top with cheese.
Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes until seafood is cooked through and cheese is golden.
Perfect Pizza Pie!
- Caramelized Peaches and Prosciutto Pizza by Making Miracles
- Cast Iron Skillet Pizza by That Recipe
- Easy Crust Tomato Pizza by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mini Pizza Bites by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Garlic and Chicken White Pizza by Family Around the Table
- Sourdough Pizza Crust by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Southwestern Tortilla Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- White Seafood Pizza by Art of Natural Living
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
- Plum Upside-Down Cake
- Betty Crocker French Apple Pie for 2-4
Prawns, Scallops, Bechamel and garlic, oohhhh boy whats not to like! This pizza is amazing
I must make some pizza bases this weekend. We have changed our training routine due to Covid, but not much else 🙂
It does look elegant! Shrimp and scallops are so good together too. BTW, I wish temps would start cooling down here!
This looks so fancy – love that you made the process so easy and doable even on a weeknight. It looks delicious – and I’ve never actually had a seafood pizza yet, so I’m going to have to fix that asap!
My husband is a huge seafood eater and would totally love this pizza. I can’t wait to make it for him! Maybe I’ll add some crab to the white sauce.
This seems like the perfect (and fancy and elegant) meal! Love how you simplified it yet didn’t hold back on flavor or texture.
New traditions in times of COVID-19? See everything with a new sense of appreciation. But technically, I think more about meal planning to avoid wasting any food. Not that I was wasteful before, it’s just that I’m more cognizant…
Going onto my menu for the next Fish Friday dinner.
Seafood pizza sounds lovely! Just recently even I tried white sauce over pizza (but with purple corn) for the first time and was so happy with it.