After an unseasonably cool spring in Wisconsin, summer is finally making an appearance. 70 degrees? Pour me a margarita!
Of course, while any margarita may whisper summer, fruit margaritas shout it loud. Strawberry is probably the most famous, but a mango margarita is equally delicious. Yes, tropical is perfect for summer.
Happily, it’s also mango season now, so making this drink with healthy whole fruit is completely practical.
Since Margaritas fall into the “fancy” drink category, I decided to play with a little coarse sugar and lime peel to rim the glass. I’ve shown it with and without so take your pick. Or go with the traditional salt!
Prepping a mango for the drink is easy. Just peel, cut in crosshatches, then slice off the fruit into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients, a handful of ice then blend.
And this drink has so much flavor it’s even good without the alcohol–just substitute orange juice! But you didn’t hear that here.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced, zest reserved for garnish (see note)
- 3 ounces tequila (see note for alcohol free version)
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 T honey
- 1 handful ice cubes for blending
- Additional ice for serving
- Blend margarita ingredients
- Rim glasses with sugar or salt if desired (see note)
- Pour into two glasses over ice
To make an alcohol free version, eliminate the cointreau and tequila and use 1/4 cup orange juice instead.
For garnish consider:
1 Tablespoon coarse sugar and lime zest to rim the glasses (optional)
2 lime slices for garnish (optional)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 41gProtein: 2g
Nutrition data accuracy may vary with product selection, calculator accuracy, etc. Consult a professional for the best information.
- Coconut Cake by Family Around the Table
- Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hawaiian Chicken by Making Miracles
- Mango Chile Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mango Margarita by Art of Natural Living
- Pina Colada Tacos by Blogghetti
- Pineapple Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Icing by That Recipe
- Pineapple Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Sourdough Hummingbird Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Southwestern Deviled Eggs
- Low-Carb Angel Food with Buttercream Roses