Fruity and festive with fresh mango, orange and lime, Mango Margaritas can get your summer started in the best way possible.
After an unseasonably cool spring in Wisconsin, summer is finally making an appearance. 70 degrees? Pour me a margarita!
Of course, while any margarita may whisper summer, fruit margaritas shout it loud. Strawberry is probably the most famous, but a mango margarita is equally delicious. Yes, tropical is perfect for summer.
Happily, it’s also mango season now, so making this drink with healthy whole fruit is completely practical.
Since Margaritas fall into the “fancy” drink category, I decided to play with a little coarse sugar and lime peel to rim the glass. I’ve shown it with and without so take your pick. Or go with the traditional salt!
Prepping a mango for the drink is easy. Just peel, cut in crosshatches, then slice off the fruit into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients, a handful of ice then blend.
And this drink has so much flavor it’s even good without the alcohol–just substitute orange juice! But you didn’t hear that here.
Serve over ice. And chalk off one serving of fruit for the day!
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lime juiced, zest reserved for garnish (see note)
- 3 ounces tequila see note for alcohol free version
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 T honey
- 1 handful ice cubes for blending
- Additional ice for serving
- Blend margarita ingredients
- Rim glasses with sugar or salt if desired (see note)
- Pour into two glasses over ice
1 Tablespoon coarse sugar and lime zest to rim the glasses (optional)
2 lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Coconut Cake by Family Around the Table
- Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hawaiian Chicken by Making Miracles
- Mango Chile Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mango Margarita by Art of Natural Living
- Pina Colada Tacos by Blogghetti
- Pineapple Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Icing by That Recipe
- Pineapple Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Sourdough Hummingbird Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
- Southwestern Deviled Eggs
- Low-Carb Angel Food with Buttercream Roses
Delicious looking mango margarita Inger…especially that it is mango season. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
A fresh mango makes all the difference! We will be enjoying these all summer.
I love mangos! Just had some yesterday. This drink has my name all over it as I love margaritas too!!
You have good taste Thao!
I love mangoes and this looks delicious Inger!!
Wish I could share it with you Gloria!
Rimming the glass with lime zest and sugar makes a nice contrast to the mango. Yummy!
I have never had a fruit margarita! I will have to remedy that when summer comes back to us 🙂
You should try strawberry too then!
Love mango margaritas and this one looks excellent. Love the addition of honey.
I was very happy with how the honey complemented the mango flavor!
I love mango margaritas — but the first time we had them, the server accidentally (at least I hope it was accidental) spilled an entire tray of them on Mark. He is still coping with the trauma and may never have another…
Ages ago, while cocktail waitressing, I spilled blackberry brandies, fortunately on myself. Smaller but also sticky. Still makes me nervous. So I get it David!
I can easily drink those! My favourite fruit in a drink, you dont want me to be your guest as I can finish them all 🙂
Can’t complain about good taste!
Oh my yes!! Mango is one of my favorite fruity beverage flavors! Yumm!
I agree! And you can’t beat that it’s healthy too!
Great minds! It’s practically health food, right?
Yup! Isn’t that great!
I love margaritas and I like that you used fresh juice in yours! These sound yummy!
OMG, I found mold floating in my bottle of lemon juice (that I use for canning) last week. So much prefer fresh!