How’s your summer going? We are having lots of fun and had an especially nice 4th of July. My Mom and all the kids joined us “up north” for a festive long weekend. We swam, watched fireworks and went used furniture shopping for my daughter’s first solo apartment!
With all of its fun activities, though, summer can mean conflicts between soaking up relaxation and moving goals (or dinner!) forward. So, I was happy to have these easy Cajun Shrimp Kabobs waiting in the wings. Sometimes you can have it all!
Yes, easy is the goal with these. Just assemble. Sprinkle with spices. Then grill. Summer is too short to marinade!
With tasty spices and andouille sausage, Cajun Shrimp Kabobs are not just easy–they are loaded with flavor. And adding shrimp means you can serve them for special occasions. Or to a picky teenager home from college. Not naming any names…
Can I say “the living is easy” just one more time???
- ¼ teaspoon each cayenne, oregano, onion powder, thyme, cumin, garlic powder, black pepper
- ½ teaspoon each paprika, salt
- 2 andouille sausages, cut in 16 peices
- 16 large raw shrimp, peeled
- 16 cherry tomatoes (about a half pint)
- 1 pepper, cut into 16 pieces.
- 1 zucchini, cut into 16 pieces
- If using wooden skewers, soak ahead of time, according to package directions.
- Combine ingredients in spice mix and mix thoroughly.
- Assemble eight kabobs, using 2 pieces of each ingredient per skewer.
- Sprinkle with spice mix, then grill until done, turning once.
- Serve two skewers per person.
- Garden Vinegar Weed Killer (When Mulch Fails)
- Simple Fruit Salad