If a flavor combo is good enough to inspire a salad dressing, you know it’s gotta be a winner.
And Honey Dijon is certainly a well-known classic! So for my Sunday blogging group’s “oven-roasted” feature (more below), I decided to use honey, mustard and a scattering of crunchy pecans, to top flavorful salmon.
The result? A lovely and simple dinner.
Easy Oven Roast!
Have you been feeling the need for easier recipes lately? I don’t know if it’s some new type of Covid fatigue or just having to deal with… So. Much. Harvest. Well, guess I can’t complain about the bountiful CSA boxes!
But I was happy to prepare a truly simple recipe tonight. Do a quick mix of topping ingredients, spread it on salmon, and bake. Easy-peasy!
Just one notch up on the easy scale, roasted vegetables would be another great side–and can cook (mostly) with the salmon. If you go this route, cut your veggies on the small side, toss with oil and salt, and put into the oven 10-15 minutes before the salmon. This will ensure they are tender when the salmon is cooked through.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 (6-oz.) skin-on salmon fillets
With a knife or food processor, chop the pecans into a mixture of small pieces and (almost ground) very small pieces. Add the remaining topping ingredients, then stir well to make a chunky paste.
Pat dry the salmon fillets and sprinkle with salt. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set the salmon on this, skin side down. Spread the pecan mixture on the flesh side as evenly as you can. Bake in a 375 F oven until fish reaches a temperature of 135-145F, about 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness.
Top with a sprinkling of fresh parsley or other herbs if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 14g
Nutrition data accuracy may vary with product selection, calculator accuracy, etc. Consult a professional for the best information.
Oven Roasted Recipes
- Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken by Making Miracles
- Honey Pecan Crusted Salmon by Art of Natural Living
- Mediterranean Chicken Legs Sheet Pan Dinner by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Dijon-Onion Sauce by Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Vegetables with Italian Sausage by Blogghetti
- Roasted Whole Pumpkin with Stuffing by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Roasted Beef Tenderloin by That Recipe
- Rosemary Garlic Roasted Leg of Lamb by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Seafood Pizza
- Betty Crocker French Apple Pie for 2-4