If you do much searching, you’ll find many versions of One Pan Tuscan Salmon recipe–all over the internet. That’s because it’s absolutely delicious. In fact, I’d rank it as one of my top recipes of 2020.
What to serve with One Pan Tuscan Salmon
With the spinach and tomatoes, this recipe is almost a meal in itself. I added rice which was lovely since the sauce is amazing, and plentiful enough to top it. Pasta would be another alternative or you could do a loaf of Italian bread that you swiped through the sauce.
One Pan Tuscan Salmon is easy enough to serve as a weeknight dinner and elegant enough for a special occasion. If we didn’t do fondue every New Year’s Eve, this would probably be on the menu!
More Easy Salmon Recipes
One Pan Tuscan Salmon
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs salmon fillet cut in 4 pieces
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved length-wise.
- ¼ cup rehydrated or drained sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup vermouth or white wine or broth
- 2 cups half and half
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or more to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼-½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach packed
- Heat Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and set in skillet, skin side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden and cooked to your taste. Remove and keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Melt Tablespoon of butter to the same skillet you cooked the salmon in. Add onion and saute until translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook another minute. Deglaze the pan with the vermouth (or wine or broth) making sure to scrape up any browned bits. Add half and half and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer salmon back to skillet with sauce, skin side down and spoon sauce over top of salmon. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Mini Crab Cake Appetizer
- Slow Cooker Chili (or Dutch Oven Chili)