Did you make New Year’s Resolutions this year? I didn’t for once, but since I am one of those people who’s always on a diet, I figure that almost counts! Especially with my un-resolution faring just as badly as many official resolutions. 🙁
Yes, I started out the new year about three pounds heavier, courtesy of too much holiday food.
But if dieting or eating healthier is one of your goals too, today I am sharing a fun appetizer that may help us both stay on track–Skinny Poolside Dip. I tried it on a recent vacation in Captiva where we stayed with some friends. It was a super fun week with pool time, sightseeing and dinner parties.
And there was one appetizer that was regularly back by popular demand–our hostess’s Skinny Poolside Dip. With reduced fat dairy and fresh veggies, it was like fun without the guilt. She served it up with raw vegetables and soon we realized it was also great on French bread.
I figure the Skinny Poolside Dip must have helped because I returned home with zero weight gain—hooray! But I knew the diet-busting Super Bowl was coming up, so it went right to the top of our snack menu. Making it myself for the first time, it whipped up in minutes in a food processor (and would also be quick by hand). Definitely on my go to menu now!
Yes, one last tough night, then I don’t see more big diet challenges coming up (lean seafood for Valentine’s I think!). So here’s to getting back on track!
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix (see note)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or mixture of colors)
- 1 15 ounce can of corn
- Place jalapeños into food processor and process until minced. Add yogurt, cream cheese and Ranch mix and process until well combined.
- Fold in chopped peppers and corn.
- Serve with raw vegetables, cracker, chips, or sliced French bread
- If you need a sub for the Ranch Dip Mix, you can try 1/2 - 1 teaspoons of onion powder & garlic powder, 1 Tablespoon dried parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Easy Trout or Sole Meuniere